This is my own version of “The Happy List.” I decided to call it Causes for Celebration because right now, these are the things that God is showing me. He shows me the reasons why my life is worth celebrating and thanking Him for. This is going to be a journal of everything I’ve seen and am going to see.
I am also calling these lists Buckets of Joys for no other reason than that they are a bucket of my joys in many episodes of my life.
So here goes for the 19th of October, 2013!
- Graced Grades. I’d been receiving grades that are higher than what I expect and more than what I deserve. God is good. Enough said.
- My first “pay.” I helped an upperclassman in our college do some data gathering for his thesis. It’s my first time to work for someone I really do not know, so I was determined to do my best, and be a blessing. He’s paying me, of course, and I’m planning to spend it on refreshing my supply of highlighters, pens, post-its, and food for the sembreak.
- Books. I have two weeks off from college. My books are waiting in my room. I need not explain further. I missed them.
- Quiet times. Lord, You have been bringing back in me the zeal to spend time with You in Your Word more. It is the best gift ever.
- Christmas is near. Yes, please.
- My parents who keep on letting me eat. And not judging me about my weight. There may be jokes thrown sometimes in the dinner table, but they’re all out of love.
- Coffee. Being at home means that I can, once again, enjoy my own blend of coffee.
- New word: “Grace-fueled.” It was introduced to me a while ago by my friend. I fell in love with the word instantly.
- Hyperactive tweeting of friends. So fun to just be a silent spectator as they tell strangers about their lives.
- Stalking blogs. This is what I do when I surf the web, lately. I am blessed to just read about the lives of people I do not know, and see how God is writing their stories. It sometimes makes me wonder what other people feel when they read my blogs.
Anyway, I am a grateful kid today. And I am learning how to be more and more grateful each new day.